Friday, December 18, 2009

The Democratic Kingdom of LaBanana

Today was our last day of the COP15 WAGGGS delegation.
Yesterday all day we stayed at Holmen reviewing the 2 weeks, writing reports, collecting data and business cards and informations. We also had the COP15 speeches projected on the wall infront of us, and the WAGGGS delegates were taking turn in listening and writing notes of what each President says. Unfortunately what seems to be the outcome of the COP15 is not a Legal Binding Agreement but just a promise and a date that the leaders will gather back in the coming months.
We as WAGGGS delegations did very good in lobbying and following reporters and politicians in order to get 'youth, and girls and young women' in particular into the texts and outcome.
Yesterday evening, Rebecca took the plane back to England.
I had also a skype conference with 'selection commitee' meeting with 2 hardworking guys. We chose who were the lucky few to enter the Bella Center today and yesterday.



This is an airplane view ofthe area here. We are shown in almost the middle of the picture, right after the horizontalish river. Christania is the neighbor indipendent state.

Later, we went to CHRISTANIAAAA and had a LOVELY dinner! I had steak, potato, asparagus, bacon aaand GUACAMOLE all in one DELICIOUS plate! I also tasted a bit of Luiza's plate. She had ordered Duck with wild berries! First time I ever try to eat duck =S, but it was good!
In the evening, I heard some lovely party music from the room beside ours. It was the party music that the Scouts for Climate summit had put. They had organized a 'good bye' party. I joined them, was aloot of fun!
There I was also introduced to the Democratic Kingdom of LaBanana.
The story started as such: a scout from Togo asked me where I came from and I said 'Lebanon!'. I think I must have pronounced it a big strangely or I had a delicious licorice candy in my mouth but something went wrong and the scout heard 'La Banana'. And after that, it is all hilarious stories and jokes about that republic. (It even has it's own anthem: Bananas of the world uuuunite! Go banana...) It was great to meet Awadi and all the Scout for Climate people =).


Today was also a long day!
I woke up super early and started to work on my report papers. We also had an evaluation session with Bernadette. Katie and some of the other WAGGGS delegates went to the 'nonformal education meetings' with the scouts of Denmark. They prepared for the scouts activities and fun games! Cool.
Bernadette left at noon time after we had all hugged her good bye in a big 'cinnamon roll hug!' (A new method of hugging someone goodbye- note to self.. teach it to my brownies =))
When everything was over, we had a little walk back to Christania to see how it is like in day light. I loved the place and all it's graffiti!
Tonight, some of the girls are going to the TIVOLI amusment park. I am greatly looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment